Facing the Storm with Jenny Cooper
Join us as we sit down for a conversation with Jenny Cooper of Broken to Beautiful – a powerhouse of love and light whose message to the world is that your brokenness can be made beautiful. Through speaking, leading Kintsugi workshops, and much more, Jenny is on a mission to share vulnerably, connect deeply, and remind women of their inherent worth.
When we deny our stories and disengage from tough emotions, they don’t go away; instead, they own us, they define us. Our job is not to deny the story, but to defy the ending—to rise strong, recognize our story, and rumble with the truth until we get to a place where we think, Yes. This is what happened. This is my truth. And I will choose how this story ends.Brene Brown, from her book Rising Strong
There is no force greater than a women who is determined to rise.W. E. B. Dubois
Brene Brown’s Book: I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t)
- Look at your accomplishments rather than your deficits.
- Let what you do each day be enough.
- Facing the storm and charging through expends less energy than trying to run away (buffalo versus cow).
- When we try to brush our struggles under the rug, it doesn’t make the pain go away – it actually makes it worse.
- Being your number one supporter rather than your number one enemy and accepting your story is the greatest way to heal.
- We CAN pick up our broken pieces and put them back together lovingly.
- Shame needs to be shared, or it will break you down. Be empathetic with those that are sharing their shame.
- You might feel destroyed, but something beautiful can still come from the trials in your life.
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION
- What DID you do today, and how can that be enough for you?
- Are you trying to run away from your storms, or are you facing them?
For more from Jenny:
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/brokentobeautiful/
- Book a Kintsugi Workshop or speaking engagement with Jenny – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdd6KFyRBu4zJM-HMIjjp75ZTXKt84PBFx8WvL8OKVP4t2ThQ/viewform
- Additional resources from Jenny – https://linktr.ee/brokentobeautiful