The Worst That Can Happen
When it comes to anything worthwhile in life – difficult decisions, new risks, big dreams – there is always fear and uncertainty! This episode is a power-punch pep talk to remind you that you CAN live a life filled with the BEST that is possible, despite the worst that can happen. (Which, spoiler alert: isn’t actually that bad after all!)
In most situations, the absolute worst that can happen is that you feel a negative emotion, learn from it, and move through it!
People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.Tich Nhat Hanh
Elizabeth Gilbert full quote on fear and creativity found here.
Coaching Questions: A Coach’s Guide to Powerful Asking Skills by Tony Stoltzfus
- Fear is part of a wholehearted life.
- Learn to use fear as information rather than an excuse.
- We can develop our capacity to move through negative emotion just like a muscle – through practice and exercise – actually doing the things!
- The only difference between you and the person you want to be, is just showing up.
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION
- Am I willing to feel uncomfortable in exchange for the kind of life I want to live?
- What would I like to do and be someday?
- Is this keep-me-alive fear? Or keep-me-from-living fear?
Follow along on Instagram – https://instagram.com/asyouarepodcast
Read featured posts, download a meditation, or sign up for future events with Shelby – http://returnjourneyoga.com
Read along on the blog or book a coaching session with McKell – http://untojoy.com