Compassionate Goal Setting
Having a vision of what you want to achieve in life is key, and goals are the best way to get there. However, as we’ve all experienced, not all goals stick or stay with us – some have us falling off the wagon again and again. In this episode, we examine the WHY of the goals we set and how we can set more realistic, successful, and compassionate goals to create the life we want.
Brene Brown in her book “I Thought It Was Just Me But It Wasn’t”
When we are in shame, we don’t see the big picture; we don’t accurately think about our strengths and limitations. We just feel alone, exposed, and deeply flawed.
- Goals are either set from a place of shame, or a place of love.
- Examining the WHY of our goal is key to determining the success and sustainability of that goal.
- Zoom out and look at the big picture – examine your strengths and limitations from a realistic, nonjudgmental place.
- Create affirmations to carry you through doubt.
- You can’t hate your way to where you want to be – you have to find the loving path.
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION
- Am I setting this goal out of love, or shame?
- What are my strengths, and what are my limitations?
- What is the most loving path to the outcome I desire?
Download the goal setting worksheet HERE!
Follow along on Instagram – https://instagram.com/asyouarepodcast
Read featured posts, download a meditation, or sign up for future events with Shelby – http://returnjourneyoga.com
Read along on the blog or book a coaching session with McKell – http://untojoy.com