Living Through the Hard Stuff with Sadie Banks
Join us as we sit down for an interview with Sadie Banks, an infertility blogger dedicated to helping the infertile feel seen and heard, and the fertile understand infertility. This episode is jam-packed with gold nuggets for anyone feeling stuck in ANY kind of waiting space, looking to keep living and loving life in the mean time!
In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.Gordon B. Hinkley
- Your grief doesn’t have to stay negative – it can be a force to carve out good in your life.
- In life, we are always waiting for something – the key is to learn to LIVE in the wait.
- Make a bucket list of 10 things you want to do, regardless of the things you’re waiting for!
- Choosing to accept and be healthy living where we are includes choosing to be happy for other people who have what we so desperately want, even when it’s difficult.
- Moving forward just means making one choice in forward-motion at a time; don’t get overwhelmed by the big picture.
- Know when to rest or take breaks – you have time.
- If you know anyone in a waiting phase, especially infertility, the best thing you can offer is just LOVE. Tell them they are loved. Every person needs that.
- If someone doesn’t understand your struggle or is hurtful, take the opportunity to educate them so they have the opportunity to be compassionate.
- It’s okay to be happy and sad, and it’s possible to feel both and contain both – waiting for one thing doesn’t have to mean missing out on everything.
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION
- What if this thing I’m waiting for never comes true?
- How can I more actively engage with life today, rather than waiting for someday?
Follow along on Sadie’s journey and purchase your own copy of Good Grief at http://sadie-banks.com.
Resolve.org (National infertility awareness registry)
Fertility IQ (A place for people to leave anonymous reviews about doctors in your area)
Follow our podcast page on Instagram – https://instagram.com/asyouarepodcast
Read featured posts, download a meditation, or sign up for future events with Shelby – http://returnjourneyoga.com
Read along on the blog or book a coaching session with McKell – http://untojoy.com